Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPNs are clearly against the TOS
Ever since then, I and others have not made an effort to get in touch with these services about the problem connecting to Global Maplestory Maple M Mesos, but we have also contacted Nexon about it via support. Both services explained that they could no longer connect either even after running multiple tests and trying different things. I have gotten mixed responses from Nexon. I don't believe the first one knew what I was asking as he just said he'd pass it on to the programmers. I tried again a few months later and had been met with a different response.

Because you can see them appear to think it's just as any other personal network. VPNs are clearly against the TOS and while W[tfast and Battleping are both private networks they alone should not be blocked since they are used by thousands of players who suffer with high latency. Battleping also utilizes the users IP address to login before connecting via the US server which Nexon would be able to see I'd assume.

He also states the game should be playable without these services providing you have a broadband connection that's really not correct. With no solutions the overall gameplay experience is not smooth. There are noticeable flaws in attacks and buffing. Also attempting to pull off a dual flash leap close to immediately is impossible without these services.

You do not need to have control over these 3rd party services. You merely must unblock them. I found this also. As you can see this is quite recent. I really don't know whether they are still attempting to get it working together with the development group but a word on this would be nice.

Finally these solutions are a NEED, not a desire for MMO gaming and online gaming in general. They support 80+ MMO games and if you visit any of their forums and ask if the usage of these services such as Battleping is allowed they'll all tell you that it's. There is absolutely Maplestory 2 Mesos for sale no explanation as to why these should be blocked. Not everyone who's in GMS service place is on 20-50ms ping. Maybe get into contact with them and see whether you're able to restrict access to such services only.